Thursday, January 17, 2008

Is it Mother Nature?? or is it really Murphy's Law?

Now, in the middle of January in the northern part of the country, you come to expect some really bad weather systems. I've always looked forward to the pleasantry of 3 inches or more of pristine white snow blanketing the entire landscape bringing pause to the pulse of the entire area, however temporary. The neighborhood shovels pop out of the winter seclusion all about the same time with the playful laughter of the kids sleighing, and snowballing. That's great - until Murphy passed the ruling - the snow will only sporadically fall, a half inch here, a half inch there; never enough to enjoy; just enough to be a real pain in the butt (which is where I keep landing). My shepherd, who also loves the snow, loves to walk with me along the road following a few inches of the white wonder. But when you get a dusting here and a dusting there, the dogs can't gobble up the snow (as they love to do) without getting a mouthful of gook, and walking on an unplowed, unsalted road where the earlier dustings have been backed down and frozen over can be problematic. To me, Mother Nature would let it snow, and let it snow. No - this is definitely Murphy's Law at work - upsetting the beauty of bountiful snow.
So, I think I'm going to fight Murphy by checking out a trip to Orlando; you know what's there. Last time I went, it cost a fortune. Now I'll be able to afford it because I found THIS SITE. WON"T YOU JOIN ME?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: