Tuesday, January 22, 2008

THE football game falls under Murphy's law

I love to watch football - 50 + guys on each side trained almost to the breaking point to inflict as much pain on any player on the opposing team in a split second of contact - and repeated a couple of hundred times per game. So there I was Sunday night, snacks ready, all prepared to watch the Giants -Packers try to kill each other within the RULES; and indeed it was a hell of a game.
They played to a 20-20 tie in regulation time and I said to myself -wow- sudden death overtime. But my beloved German Shepherd, ears straight, heard every word and started her low BARK-WHINE-GROWL ritual as she circled rapidly -bouncing ever-so-slightly to let me know that she really had to go -and now- or we'd all pay the penalty.
Shoes and coat quickly donned, I grabbed her leash and off we went - the short walk this time for obvious reasons. We returned just five minutes later, to a commercial. Game over. Murphy- I hate you. I re-leashed the dog and took the slower, longer exercise stroll, returning about 20 minutes later - and after my blood pressure dropped - and saw the winning Giant field goal kick 1/2 dozen times. OK So how did they get within range?

When I'm really PO'd I have two great outlets - I literally 'windows' shop, or I write about it. The people who have helped me so much, and continue to help me are located here. Why don't you pay them a visit??

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: