Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Spring, my shepherd and Murphy's Law

Spring is finally here, and a young man's fancy - or a young woman's' - or an old man's, or an old woman's - or a dog's (oh well - you get the drift) turns to love or sex or mating or dating (oh well - you get the drift). But you better work on it right after you finish making the list of chores needed to clean up after winter's ravaging onslaught, because you're gonna be too tired once you actually start doing the chores themselves.

I made a starting list of repairs, things to be done first, not including basic cleaning inside and outside. By the time I got to the second page I was too tired to even think of any more chores, so shepherd and I set out for a mid-morning walk. We both needed the exercise and a good walk does get the old mind churning again. We got about a mile into the woods when the snow started and an inch was on the ground by the time we got back home.

This was the first time Murphy's Law worked in my favor in a long time. As I told you earlier my dog absolutely loves the snow, and frankly, so do I. Actually it was the 7 or 8 ice storms we had that did most of the damage around the house, to tree limbs, decking, molding and the caulking. But as we re-entered the house I was able to put thoughts of Spring out of my mind. After all, if it's still winter, who has to worry about Spring's things.

So back I went to my mouse, shopping and Best Buy. to look for great values on the newest hi-tech products. Since shipping costs can really add up I like to check for free shipping special offers. I hope you do too. Let me know.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: